Summer has flown by. I mean, how is it even the end of August?! (And almost September?)
I guess that is what happens when you are busy working and taking care of little ones – am I right?
I’m starting a new series on my blog: my goals. Normally, this will be to recap how well I met my goals from last month, and to lay out some goals for the next month. However, this is my first month, so it will strictly be goals for September.
Goals really help me stay focused on what I’m supposed to be doing, because habitually, I am a procrastinator and a time-waster. I love writing down goals – so I can smash them. I am a little obsessed with crossing things off my to-do list. I suppose we all have different things that motivate us, right?
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. I only promote products that I love and that I feel my audience would benefit from as well. Thank you for supporting my blog.
I really want to start out with my blog goals. Although I have just recently launched, my blog is on my mind a lot. I want to set some clear goals that I can work towards throughout the month of September, instead of just wasting time with trying to achieve multiple different things.
- Theme: I want to find a new theme that best represents my brand, and allows me more customization options. I have to admit, I was completely in love with my current theme and layout for a day, and now I hate it.
- Pinterest: I have a top secret Pinterest experiement that I’m conducting right now. After 30 days, I will be pressing “Publish” on that blog post – so stay tuned.
- Blog Posts: Write at least one quality blog post each week during September.
- Swipe List: Continue to develop a swipe list – basically a running list of blog post topics for the future.
And, that’s really it. My biggest focus needs to shift from Pinterest (which is what I am currently obsessed with), to my actual blog. I need to continue to develop quality content to keep people sticking around with me.
It’s no secret that I’ve been on a weight loss journey since May. I’m one of those habitual yo-yo diets, and usually don’t stick to anything for more than a week. So, it’s been nothing short of a miracle that I’m still sticking with my current fitness routine.
However, because of my toddler’s recent illness, as well as me getting sick too, I’ve kind of stopped working out the last 4 days – but who is counting?! You know that saying about falling off the wagon? I think I ditched it, and started running the opposite direction at this point 😉
- Program: Start the T25 program.
- Water: Drink at least 80 ounces of water per day. Track in Fitbit App daily.
- Food: Stick to 80/20 lifestyle.
End of year goal: Get to one-derland. Yes, I want to be under 199 by the end of the year. Writing this down just makes it feel real. I got this.
This sounds like a loaded question; what are your life goals?! Honestly, though, we are not talking long term – just September. Goal: Wake me up when September Ends.
A momma can dream right?! 😉
- Reading: Finish You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Olivia: Continue with potty training, go to COSI, and start working on the alphabet!
- Unplug: Become unplugged from devices more often
- Date Night: Try to find a sitter for one date night during September.
And that’s a wrap. These are big goals for September, but if I have learned anything about myself, is that I can do anything I set my mind to.
What are your short-term goals? I’d love to chat about it down below.
Until next time,